Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Inspiration - Bougainvillea Palettes

Well, here we go again .... Phoenix usually has such wonderful winter weather that we grow lots of tropical plants and keep pots of bright annuals all year long.  That's one of the things I love about living here!  And it's all great until we get one of those every few years hard freezes.  Like is being forecast for the next three or four nights ... more unusual to have a string of days like that, though.  

The last time we froze hard was two years ago and I spent the rest of the winter missing all my bougainvillea.  It comes back from the roots, but that takes awhile so I made this felt garland.  I'm resigned to it dying back again this cold snap - not happy, but resigned!  I spent today taking photos, hoping to be inspired to make some type of fiber art.  I have some ideas ....



The hydrangeas in the top photo don't grow here - they're part of an indoor bouquet I added cut bougainvillea to.  The color palettes were run on BigHugeLabs color palette generator.

Now while I'm wrapped up in my winter clothes I'll have something to plan!

Happy Creating!  Deborah


No comments:

Post a Comment