Monday, January 14, 2013

Two-toned Crocheted Snowflakes


Here's my next go at making colorful snowflakes!  Like the quilted ones from last week, they're still not exactly what I want, but I still love them.  And they look nice scattered on my snowflake themed table.

To make these, I found a snowflake pattern I liked.  There are a ton of them on the internet!  I used one from the JPF Crochet Club site, designed by Julie BoldocCrochet Pattern Central also has links to a lot of nice snowflakes.  I used a variegated size 20 Lizbeth crochet thread (Caribbean) for the colored areas.  I didn't have any size 20 white thread that wasn't already connected to an unfinished project, so I decided to give it a go with size 10 thread and it seemed to work fine.  I'm not sure it would have worked with a larger piece, but for a snowflake it was fine. 

With a size 7 steel hook, I started one snowflake with the white thread and one with the Lizbeth thread - and changed colors with each row.


Now I'm off to try another idea for colorful snowflakes!

Happy Creating!  Deborah


No comments:

Post a Comment