Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday Inspiration - Christmas Projects

Summer is when I do most of my searching for Christmas sewing/craft ideas - in July and August, there seems to be oodles of time to get everything I've ever wanted to do done!  And then it's suddenly November!  Here are four interesting Christmas fibers ideas I've come across recently.

Gayle at Planet M Files has this free crochet pattern for an awesome looking crocheted pinecone!  I haven't tried one yet, but the instructions look pretty easy to follow.


I've become fascinated lately with embellished felt purses!  This one by Evy Hawkins is gorgeous!  She offers on-line tutorials on how to put embellished purses together - I think I may have to see if I can get the time together to try one.


I've been thinking about making a Christmas themed quilt for our bed and I love how Norwegian quilter Turid Bakken used squares to sew a Christmas tree scene.  She doesn't have instructions on her blog, but the concept looks fairly easy to work with in making my own Christmas scene.


And finally, Better Homes and Gardens has free instructions for refashioning a sweater into a Christmas stocking.  The pattern requires you to sign up for a free account, but you can get the instructions without doing so.


Happy Creating!  Deborah

1 comment:

  1. I CANNOt think of Christmas. ;-) It's too sunny, warm and wonderful. ;-) However, the projects are nice.

    ReplyDelete