Friday, July 11, 2014

Friday Inspiration - The Road Goes Ever On

There's a new virtual exhibit up on the SAQA (Studio Art Quilts Associates) website that's definitely worth the time to look through.  The Road Goes Ever On (taken from a JRR Tolkien quote) was curated by Eileen Doughty and reflects her thoughts and emotions as she transitions from one stage of her life to another.

First Moment - Gay Lasher


I find myself particularly especially drawn to two pieces - First Moment by Gay Lasher and Skating on Thin Ice by Rose Rushbrooke.  While the perspective really could go either way, I find First Moment makes me think of laying on my back and looking upwards - maybe through tall structures that small glimpses of the sky peek through.  

Skating on Thin Ice - Rose Rushbrooke


Skating on Thin Ice reminds me of all the fractal sketches I made years ago, but never worked with.  Hmmm .... time to pull them out!  I love how the reds just jump out of the gray and white background.

If you enjoyed this virtual exhibit, there are others on the SAQA site accessed here.

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment