Friday, September 4, 2015

Friday Inspiration - Hints of Autumn

After a long, hot, dry summer, we are suddenly at the cusp of autumn here in the Northwest!  Misty mornings, nights listening to rain on the roof, hops and ripening grapes on the vines, red apples, the end of the tomatoes, and the beginning of crisp purple cabbage.







And like usual, what's inspiring me is the fall colored leaves!  They're just starting, but every morning the trees have a little more color.



I've been feeling like doing a bit of embroidery lately and found a couple of projects that are helping inspire me.

DMC Threads offers this free pattern for windblown autumn leaves here ....


... and Jeannette Luther added this gorgeous autumn leaf stitch sampler to Stitchin' Fingers here.


And if you're new to the blog (we added quite a few new readers last month!) or just missed them, here are three past autumn leaf projects I've worked on.

This crocheted leaf pattern uses embroidery thread, 


I made these autumn leaves using photo fabric, embroidery thread, and a few beads, 


and this autumn leaf table runner uses ice dyed fabrics and thread sketching.  Instructions are here.


I'll show you what new project I come up with next week!

Happy Creating!  Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment